|rules, windows demo|
|- Maximum file size is 6
- Maximum showing time is 5 minutes, the demo itself can be longer
- The demo has to run on a machine with 16MB of physical memory and 20MB of swap space, but can use all memory available in larger machines
- The demo must use and comply to Direct X 3.0 or Direct X 5.0
- The music system must support and use either DirectSound or the standard Win32 audio functions, direct hardware access it not allowed. We will use a well established sound card for sound output (SB Awe 32, Gravis UltraSound Max or some other). Make sure that your sound routines support also wave table cards with only 512 kb on board memory.
- The demo can support 3D graphics cards by either direct support, with OpenGL or thru DirectX. The competition machine will house a 3D card based on the 3D FX Voodoo chip (version 1 or 2).
- The maximum screen size of the is 640 x 480. You are free to use up to 24 bit colors but the demo must work also in 256 color mode. You can support other screen modes too, but the production will be run in 640 x 480 resolution in 24 bit color mode
- We will display all demos in full screen mode. A windowed version is definitely a bonus.
- Demos must not modify the Windows registry
- Pure animation files are not accepted
- Also executables only including an animation and an animation player will not be accepted, this is not an animation competition